Welcome to Nigerian National College Of Natural Medicine
The College of natural health science was established as a flagship school to develop, established and maintain standard of Training and research in natural, complementary and alternative medical disciplines. The disciplines are herbal medicine, Osteopathy, Chiropractic Acupuncture Homeopathy and Naturopathic medicine. Under the Medical and Dental Practitioners (Amendment) Act No. 78 of 1992 OR CAP M8 2004 has the following new interpretation and means “Naturopathy”. “Acupuncture” and “Osteopathy”. The medical rehabilitation therapy board also recognizes the practices of osteopathy and chiropractic practice as a medical rehabilitative profession.
The college of natural complementary health is in collaboration with various institutions for the training, development and research into complementary and alternative. Complementary Alternative Medicine is that branch of medicine whose philosophy is rooted in the enhancement of body’s own healing power through the use of Natural means.
Complementary alternative Medicine is now coming to the fore front of healthcare for the realization of the improve, availability and effectiveness of healthcare delivering, many healthcare institutions have begun integrating therapies that aren’t part of mainstream Medical care into their treatment plans and program, a number of medical schools now include education on non-traditional techniques in their curriculum.
FUNCTION OF THE COLLEGE
- To provide full time & part time courses in complementary medicine as reorganized by the medical practitioners act and ministry of health.
- To organize conference, seminars etc.
- To perform the function in the opinion of college council
- To provide continues professional medical education
- To asses foreign graduates/ professionals in CAM
- To establish and operate CAM clinic/hospital
- To conduct research and development in CAM
what Is Alternative Medicines
Morbi in sem quis dui placerat ornare. Pellente s dui placerat sque odio nisi, euismod.There are more than 100
system of alternative medicines which are still in practice all over the world. some of the very popular system
are Herbal Medicine, Acupuncture, Indo Allopathy, Naturopathy, Yoga, Acupressure, Magnetotherapy, Electro-Homoeopathy,
Bach Flower Remedies, Gem & Teletherapy, Aroma Therapy, Reiki Healing, Spritual Healing, Oriental Diagnosis & Therapy,
Music Therapy, etc., After decades of serious obsession with modern medicine, recently there has been a boom in various
systems of alternative medicines and more and more people in general and patients in articular are opting for these traditional
systems of maintaining health and curing diseases. One of the most important reasons for this renewed interest is theincreasing
side - effects and spiraling cost of western medicines.
SALIENT FEATURES OF ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE
- Considers the human body as a whole, being i.e., the sum total of its physical, social & spiritual dimensions :
- No side effects.
- Remedies are based on natural ingredients or drugless.
- Low cost.
- Simple to prescribe and practise.
- Preventive and promotive aspects of health are equally cared for.
- Permanent cures for many also called incurable and chronic disease
- Faith of the people.
- N.B.A.M. tries its best to impart to the students with best possible teachings and training so that they can serve society.